https://wagyu.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/feed.jpg 469 626 ooweboo https://wagyu.org.za/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Wagyu-Logo-New.png ooweboo2021-05-05 09:29:502021-07-06 09:30:28Feed Efficiency Test Opportunity
Feed Efficiency Test Opportunity
- Feed remains a critical component in the production costs of your Wagyu enterprise.
- The Breed Improvement Committee recognises this and has set as an objective to have feed efficiency included as an EBV and yet to be developed Selection Index.
- The Sernick test facility is fully booked until the end of the year. The ZimMeyer facility outside Lindley has implemented a state of the art Growsafe facility.
- The facility can accommodate 48 bulls from the 10th May and another the 29th
- Animals should be between 210-700 days of age when entering the test.
- Animals MUST be in a contemporary group i.e. it is recommended to have a minimum of five progeny per sire in a group, and at least two sires represented in each group. The group must be born within a 60 day period.
- The test is run over a 90 day period and
- Groups will be penned together at the station.
A standard feedlot diet will be used. The cost will be the feed cost and a R1000 management fee.
Please let myself or Elandri know if you are keen to participate in the test.